Any person having passed SSC (Std X) or equivalent examination and above can appear for NATA. However, only candidates who have qualified an aptitude test in architecture and have secured at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects, shall be eligible for admission to B.Arch. Course. No direct lateral admission is allowed at any year/stage of B.Arch. course based on any qualification.
NATA score shall be valid for a period of two years from the year in which one appeared.
Who Will Fit ?
Prospective applicants desirous of taking admission to First year of undergraduate course in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture) in India take NATA. NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools / colleges of Architecture, to provide common measure for comparing the qualifications of applicants for admission in addition to their scholastic performance in 10+2 or PUC equivalent examination.
Where to Appear?
NATA is offered over major part of admission season at designated Test Centers located at colleges / schools of architecture in India. Updated list of Test centers is available at the website www.nata.in
Who Accepts NATA?
All schools / colleges of Architecture, Government, Government aided, University
Departments, private unaided, including colleges affiliated to self-financed Deemed Universities and Private Universities, or any department of Architecture within a college, requires that its applicants take the NATA exam.
- » Nata Test shall be conducted in two Phases i.e. Phase – I from 01.04.2017 to 28.05.2017 and Phase – II from 06.06.2017 to 20.08.2017 and can be given during this period on any working day except national holidays at designated Test Centers. Please check with the center before you go for appointment for Test.
- » Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- » To seek appointment for the NATA Test, contact the appropriate Test Center. REGISTER /TAKE APPOINTEMNT WELL IN ADVANCE TO GET PREFERRED TEST DATE.
- » The test contains 2 sections and total of 3 hours
- » Section 1 is paper based Drawing test. It has 3 questions.
(50 marks +25 marks+25 marks = Total of 100 marks). Test duration 2 hours.
- » Section 2 is online computer based test. It has 40 multiple choice questions on aesthetic sensitivity for 100 marks. Test Duration 1 hour. There is no Negative marking in this test.
- » Total NATA Test marks is 200. Minimum qualifying marks: 80/200.
- » NO REVALUATION IS POSSIBLE FOR EITHER OF THE TESTS.